You can very easily donate to the PM-Cares Fund. This fund would be used to fight the Corona virus. The Fund would accept the donation through various methods. But, In this post, I would tell you the way to donate money through the BHIM UPI Apps namely Paytm, Phonepe, Google Pay and BHIM App.
Table of Content
- Different Modes of Payment
- PM Cares Trust’s Account Details
- Donate Through BHIM UPI App
- Donate Through the Paytm App
- Donate Through the PhonePe App
- Donation By Google Pay App
- Important Facts of the PM CARES Fund
Different Modes of Payment
You can donate to the PM cares fund in the following ways.
- Debit Cards and Credit Cards
- Internet Banking
- UPI (BHIM, PhonePe, Amazon Pay, Google Pay, PayTM, Mobikwik, etc.)
Among the above methods, UPI is the simplest one. You must be also using the UPI app for the money transfer. In fact it is as simple as paying money to your merchant.
But before going into the steps of the UPI payment, we should learn about the PM-Cares Account details.
PM Cares Trust’s Account Details
Below are the account details of the PM CARES Fund. You can also use these details to transfer fund through the NEFT, IMPS and RTGS. The account number can be also used in the UPI apps.
- Name of the Account: PM CARES
- Account Number: 2121PM20202
- IFSC Code: SBIN0000691
- SWIFT Code: SBININBB104
- Name of Bank & Branch: State Bank of India, New Delhi Main Branch
- UPI ID: [email protected]
Donate Through BHIM UPI App
You may donate to the relief fund using your BHIM UPI App by two methods.
1. Through the Website pmindia.gov.in
- Visit the website pmindia.gov.in
- Tap on ‘Click here for donation details’ button on the home page
- Then you can see the donation details. The QR Code of the UPI ID of PM CARES fund will be open as well
- Open your BHIM UPI App. Scan the QR Code through the Scan button of your App
- Enter the amount, select the account and enter the optional remarks
- Press on Confirm button
- Check the details before to pay. Tap on the Send button.
- Enter the UPI PIN and payment will be deducted from your selected bank account.
Moreover, you may donate online through the State Bank Collect Payment Portal. The link for this donation is above the QR Code of PM CARES Fund.
2. Login To Your BHIM UPI App
- Open the app. You can see the details to donate for PM CARES and donate button below your UPI ID
- Tap on the Donate button
- Now on the Donate page, you can see the PM CARES description. Enter the amount, select the account and tap on Donate Now button at the bottom of the page
- Directly you will be guided to the UPI PIN page
- Enter the UPI PIN, press OK and your donation to the PM CARES Fund is completed.
Donate Through the Paytm App
Through the Paytm app, you can scan any type of QR Code. Therefore there are also two methods-
1. Through the App Itself
- Open the app. Tap on the PM CARES Fund option at the top of the home page.
- Now select the amount or enter the amount of your choice.
- Then click on Contribute
- On the next page, enter the Contributor’s name and PAN number (optional)
- Now click on Proceed button
- You will be redirected to the payment options page. Here you may select one option among Paytm wallet, Paytm Payment Bank, UPI linked bank account, debit/ credit card, BHIM UPI or Net Banking.
- Tap on Pay button. And after the payment authentication, your donation is successfully completed.
2. Scanning of the QR Code of PM CARES Fund
- Same as through the BHIM UPI App, go to the website pmindia.gov.in You can also scan the code given in this post. However, you must check the UPI ID that is [email protected] before making any payment.
- Here scan the QR of PM CARES UPI ID through the Paytm QR Code scanner
- Enter the amount. Select the UPI linked bank account. Remember, through this method you have only one option to pay
- Tap on Proceed button. Then on the UPI PIN page, enter the UPI PIN and complete the payment.
Note:- When you donate through the Paytm app, the Paytm adds a contribution from its side. Moreover, on any type of payment including recharges through Paytm, it pays a contribution to the relief fund.
Donate Through the PhonePe App
Phonepe app is inviting its users to join #100 Crore Pledge to donate in the PM CARES Fund. Phonepe is also providing you with two methods to donate same as Paytm. But in the Phonepe, you have only one payment option to pay i.e. through the UPI linked bank account.
- Open the Phonepe app. Scroll down to click on ‘Click to Donate’
- Tap on the Donate Now button on the next page
- On the Send page, enter amount and select the UPI linked bank account
- Tap on Send button at the bottom of the page
- Enter the UPI PIN, press OK. The payment will be deducted from your linked bank account
Note: Phonepe is also contributing to your donation from its side.
Donation By Google Pay App
Through the Google Pay App, you may donate with the same procedure as in Phonepe. It means there are two methods as well. And with both the methods you have a single choice i.e. the UPI linked bank account. Have a look-
- Open the Google Pay App. Tap on the PM CARES Fund icon.
- Tap on the Donate button
- Google Pay informs you for the purpose of the donation and it tells you that every rupee counts
- Tap on Donate now button
- Now enter the amount of your choice and click on the checkbox that you are accepting the terms and conditions
- Don’t worry, it wants your acceptance to send your name and other details to the PM CARES Fund. It is essential to generate a payment receipt.
- Now press on Donate button. Then select the account and press on Proceed to Pay
- Enter the UPI PIN, press OK and the donation is completed.
Thus in this way you can use your UPI Apps to donate to the PM CARES Fund.
Important Facts of the PM CARES Fund
- You may donate the amount which you want. Thus no limit for minimum or maximum amount.
- You may get the authentic information of the fund and other details from the website of the Press Information Bureau, i.e. pib.gov.in/PressRelease
- You can claim tax deduction for this donation under section 80G. If you want to claim deduction, don’t forget to mention PAN while donating an amount.
- The Prime Minister has said that the amount in the PM Cares Fund will also be used for similar distressing situations when they occur in the future.
- Even companies can donate in this fund under their CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) obligations.
- Prime Minister is the Chairman of this Trust. And the members of the trust are Defence Minister, Home Minister and Finance Minister.