You can link multiple bank account with Google Pay and use all linked bank account for fund transfer and online payment. Users can also select any bank account as the default to receive money from senders. When someones send you money using your mobile number which linked with Google pay, you will receive money into your primary bank account.
So how to change or set bank account as default (primary) in Google Pay?
What is Google Pay (Gpay) Primary Default Account?
When you add multiple bank account in Google Pay, only a single account set as the primary account. You will receive your payments in this account. When someone sends you money, it goes into your primary account.
However, you can select any bank account during payment when you send money from your bank account or make an online payment. You can change or remove your primary default account anytime and set another bank account as primary (default)
How To View Default Bank account in Google Pay (Gpay)
- Open Google Pay Settings.
- Tap on the Payment Methods option.
- And here you can see your default bank account marked as Primary.
How to Change Primary (Default) Bank Account in Google Pay (Gpay)
- Open Google Pay application and open Settings.
- Now tap and open Payment methods.
- In the payment methods section, you can see all your linked (added) bank accounts. Select and tap on that account which you want to set as primary (default) account.
- Now tap on Set as Primary Account option. That’s it, now your this account set as the default account.
How to receive money non-primary account?
Ans: You can share your UPI ID which linked with a particular bank account. Just open Settings – Payment methods and tap on that bank account. Copy UPI ID and share it with the sender.
Can I remove the primary (default) bank account in Google Pay
Ans: Yes, you can remove it and set another bank account as default. Just open Payment methods in settings and select a particular account which you want to remove and open settings. You can see the remove option.