- Tap on your photo or name at the top of the app’s home screen
- A new page will appear asking you to ‘Add Bank Account’, tap on it
- Select your bank from the list –> ‘Grant’ Google Pay permission to check whether the SIM card in your phone matches the registered mobile number –> ‘Allow’ GPay to make permission to make calls
- After this, tap on Continue
- A verification SMS will be sent to your mobile number. It is totally an automated process.
- Create your UPI ID and PIN
- As you enter the UPI PIN, the bank account would be linked to the Google Pay app.
Don’t share the UPI PIN with anyone. Keep it confidential along with other details like OTP, bank account number/ IFSC code, etc. You just have to share your Payment Address aka UPI ID with others to receive payments.