When you transfer money or make online payment through Google Pay (Gpay), you need to enter your UPI PIN to confirm your transaction. Without entering your UPI PIN, you can not make any transaction through Google Pay UPI. Google Pay UPI PIN is your transaction password which you need to enter every time to authorize any transaction.
If you forgot your current Google Pay UPI PIN or you want to change your current Google Pay UPI PIN then here we will tell you the step by step how can you do that.
What is UPI PIN in Google Pay (Gpay)?
In BHIM UPI, you need to enter UPI PIN to confirm your transaction. When you use net banking or mobile banking, you need to enter the transaction password to confirm your transaction. When you withdraw money from ATM, you need to enter ATM PIN.
In the same way, when you transfer money from your bank account using Google Pay or make an online payment, you need to enter UPI PIN to confirm your transaction. You need to create your 4-6 digits UPI PIN using the ATM card. This UPI PIN is your confidential password so never share with anyone.
How To Reset Google Pay UPI PIN
If you forgot your current Google Pay UPI then you can reset it using your ATM/Debit card. You need to enter your ATM card last 6-digits and expiry month/year and enter OTP to regenerate UPI PIN. Without the ATM card and OTP, you can not reset your UPI PIN.
Now follow the below simple steps and reset your Google Pay UPI PIN.
- Open Google Pay and tap on Profile picture to open the profile section.
- Next screen, tap on Settings.
- Now tap on Payment Methods (here you can see your linked bank accounts).
- Next, select and tap on your bank account.
- Tap on FORGOT UPI PIN?
- Now enter your ATM/Debit card last 6-digits and expiry month & year (valid thru/valid up to) and proceed.
- Finally, enter OTP received on your bank registered mobile number and set your new UPI PIN.
How To Change Google Pay UPI PIN
If you just want to change your Google Pay UPI PIN then you can do this without ATM card and OTP. You just need to select a change UPI PIN option, enter current UPI PIN, and set a new PIN.
- Open Payment Methods and tap on Bank Account.
- Now tap on three-dot to open options and select Change UPI PIN as you can see below screenshot.
- And finally, enter your current UPI PIN and set new.
Can I reset Google Pay UPI PIN without ATM/Debit card?
Ans: No, you can’t change without ATM card & OTP. You must need to enter your ATM card last 6-digits and expiry month/year and OTP which received on our bank registered mobile number. But yes, if you want to change your current UPI PIN then you don’t need to enter ATM card details and OTP.