To use Google Pay, you must have a bank account with a registered mobile number and ATM or Debit card. Now that we have gotten you up to speed, here’s how to register on Google Pay to make online/ UPI payments:
- Download the G Pay app from Google Play Store and App Store on your respective Android mobile phone or iPhone with the registered mobile number
- Once the app is installed, enter your mobile number. You can also change the language from the same screen with the English language option atop.
- Hit “Next” –> Choose your account –> hit Accept and Continue to proceed
- The app will automatically verify your mobile number. If that’s not possible, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter that OTP to proceed.
- Next up, secure your Google Pay with ‘Use your screen lock’ or 4-digit Google Pin
- The app will ask for a few permissions, including access to your contact book, camera to scan QR codes, and location.
This way you’ll be successfully registered with G Pay or Google Pay. You’ll now have to link your bank account to proceed, i.e. make payment.